Today (apr.07, 2011) in the Department of Physics, University of Salento was presented the book
“Functional approach to visual disorders – The Basics” by Prof. Luigi Seclì.
I treated all the graphics.
For this work I used only open source tools, namely:
1) Gimp for photo-montage illustrating some of the clinical techniques
2) Again Gimp for cleaning and adjustment of images taken from other publications.
3) My Paint e Gimp to paint the cover and some illustrations
4) Inkskape for all the graphs and technical drawings.
5) A program like Blender does not seem to be useful in a job like this. Instead I used a lot the compositor to make the white balance of the photos.